- March 5th arrive back enjoy a pizza and sun-downers
- March 6th go for a walk to the beach and are surprised by the huge swells and damage caused by the sand and seaweed.
- March 7th We launched the dinghy and tried to get our outboard going with no luck. We called Roger our mechanic and he took the motor away and reported back that after an inspection the motor is unrepairable its doing something called blow by and has water in both cylinders. He priced up a new one that was in stock but also had a used mercury available. I decided to go cheap and arranged to buy the mercury the following day.
- March 8th took delivery of the new used motor which was really beat up but seemed to work ok so I bought it and we moved off the marina out to anchor now that we had a motor again.
- March 9th we took the dinghy across the bay to pigeon Island which is a nice park with to tall peaks and fort Rodney and the top of the smaller one. After a great hike we stopped a the restaurant located by the water and rewarded ourselves with a few coolies. On our way back we spotted an NS flag on another sailboat and swung by to say hi. Tina and Steve were super nice and we made plans to hook up for drinks. Tina untied us and I pulled the cord to start the outboard but was rewarded the the sound of silence WTF I tried everything but couldn't get the motor started so our ne friend Tina came to the rescue and towed us back to Rose Lee. I called Roger and took the motor into shore, he was able to get it running but said it didn't sound good and needed some work. To say I was frustrated is an understatement. Roger agreed to give me most of my money back and I went up to the marine store and bought a new 2018 outboard motor, problem solved:(. What an expensive and frustrating day. We were planning on going to the jump up but opted to meet up with our new friends for happy hour. A shitty day ended up really nice with a meal of sushi and ho Saki wine. We now know two new cruising couples Yvettete and Mark out of Washington State aboard "Y Knot" and Tina and Steve out of Lahave awesome.
- March 10th We are making plans to head down to Marigo tomorrow which is a short sail south and form there we will do a straight shot to Bequia. We jumped in the tender to head in with our new motor:) to take care of clearing out and last minutes preps etc... Our new motor quit half way in WTF, the wind was up so we grabbed on to the nearest boat while I attempted to get spankey going. It turned out the fuel line became disconnected from the tank, disaster avoided:). Now just sitting here at the bar catching up on phone calls emails and the blog hope to update when we get to Bequia.
Follow Rose Lee in real time by clicking this link. https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/RoseLee
Well here is a quick update
Follow Rose Lee live with the link below