Wow that was quick. I advertised the radar locally and on EBay. I never received a call on it locally where it was cheaper and there were no shipping charges etc... Twelve hours after listing it on EBay I had someone from Minnesota buy it go figure. Anyway they received a nice new Radar for a great price. I bought a set-up similar to this one for my last boat and it cost me around $2600 wow.
When we bought "Rose Lee" she arrived with a brand new unopened SL70 Pathfinder Radar Display complete with 2kw Raytheon Radome and all the cables. I wanted to integrate the radome into my existing chartplotter unfortunately it is not compatible with my plotter and I really didn't want to mount the stand alone display so I bit the bullet and ordered a new Radome today. Anyone need a never used completed radar setup? radome cable and display $650.00?
EBay here I come.
While I worked on the thruster and flushed out the water system Joyce continued the huge task of organizing inventorying everything on the boat. Joyce has everything logically sorted and stored in its plastic container which is labeled photographed and updated in the her software program "Whats on my Boat". So for example if you are looking for tape you can look it up in whats on my boat and it will tell you where its stored forward cabinet starboard side and you can click on the picture which will show you what is in the tote. Pretty darn cool aye!!
In the past our boats normally had the luxury of one water tank and winterizing it was a snap. Drain it, dump in a gallon of plumbers anti-freeze suck it up until it runs out he taps and you done. With Rose Lee we have five water tanks with a total of 225 gallons. After I finished diagnosing my thruster problems I spent the majority of the day flushing out the five tanks and the 20 gallon water heater. This was a bigger job than expected and I went a bit over board with the winterizing and 20 gallons of plumbers anti-freeze (but nothing froze so there you go). The tanks are now clean and topped up now, I will just drop a little bleach in them and we are all set for the next adventure.
This morning I wanted to see if I could determine why the thruster wasn't working. I found a great online trouble shooting guide for my model so armed with this and my mufti-meter I was ready to give it a go. To turn on the thruster you press two on buttons simultaneously on the control panel by the helm and a small orange light come on indicating that you have power. I wasn't getting any orange light at the control panel which derives it power from the thruster. So I began following the power from the batteries to the thruster and through the wiring harness at the thruster back to the control panel. The only time consuming part of this job was removing a large access panel int the forward shower which give you good access to the thrusters power feed and wiring harness. Well my investigation showed that I was getting power all the way to the thruster and right back to the control panel at the helm. This was an indicator that my control panel had failed (its a sealed unit that you cant do any maintenance on besides replacing it). I wasn't too surprised since the control button had stuck a few times last season I thought it might need replacing. It was kind of a drag, now I would have to order one from the supplier and wait three weeks etc. I got home and check them out online $385 USD from IMTRA. I thought what the heck I will check EBay as well you never know. I was amazed to find the exact model I was looking for being offered at $185 USD or best offer and free shipping. The description read as new and it had been used for one season and was replaced when a second thruster was installed and they went to a dual control head. I offered $150 USD and was quite pleased to have my offer accepted the next morning. So my next question was I wander where its coming from and how long it will take to receive. I checked the item location and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, it was 10 minutes from my place!!! Gino contacted me and we are both members at the Dartmouth Yacht Club:) We were both planning on doing some work on our on Sunday so Gino will bring in my new control head with him when he comes. How crazy is that???
I went to meet Craig Noake's today of "Noake's" Canvas at the boat to get our bimini back. Craig built our full enclosure last year for "Rose Lee". We had a few mods done to the Bimini and we are super pleased with the way everything turned out. While I was waiting for Craig I did the spring start up on the Yanmar after doing my checks on everything fluids belts sea cocks etc.. Wow the baby fired up right away, I was super pleased after adding a starter relay and putting ion a new solenoid int the fall I think my starter issues are behind us. I also tried to get the bow thruster going to no avail. It worked fine when I docked it. I did a few quick checks on the fuse etc... Oh well tomorrow is another day and its supposed to be nice so we will tackle the organizing figure out whats up with the bow thruster and de-winterize the water system.
Follow Rose Lee live with the link below